We’re excited to have you join us this year! There are lots of fantastic parts of MVLASD we can’t wait for you to discover. Here’s a quick primer on some of them!
Before you do anything, make sure you're connected with all the resources our team has to offer!
- Check out your event's prep folders in the sidebar, or make sure you are added by your captain.
- Follow our team's page on Facebook, as well as our team Instagram, to see what successes your teammates have each weekend. If you do well, you might be featured!
- Get on Slack! If the add link is expired, ask your event captain, event coach, or the Head Coach to add you. This is where you will communicate with your mentor, check in and out of tournaments, and stay informed about team events. Make sure you join your event's channel!
- Sign up for mentoring! All new students are encouraged to have a varsity mentor in their event assigned to them.
- Sign up for a first-year meeting with the Head Coach! This is where you can talk about what tournaments you should put on your calendar, how to do multiple events, how to get signed up with the national speech and debate honor society, and more!
- Make sure you have all your forms filled out and at least one parent with an activated account. You won't be able to sign up for tournaments until this is done!
Need help with using the website or registering for tournaments? Look at the Website Help Guide
Confused about what kinds of speech and debate MVLASD competes in? Look at the Event Guides
First time competing? Check out our Tournament How-To
Need help using the team communication channel (or just getting signed up)? Check out the Slack Guide